Deerhound

A passionate little blog started by a deerhound dog in Scotland called Rogue ‘Brylach’ MacAllister then Passed to Rascal ‘Logan’ Dorrator Heath and now picked up by Rebel Borrodhail 'Muirfinn' and Rocket Borrodhail 'Frode'.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Deerhounds - how we ‘Broach’ the subject

Here’s a fine little piece of art I can tell you little to nothing about. I don’t know the period from whence it came, if it’s gold and silver, nickel and more nickel or if it is a one off or mass produced object. What I can say is it measures no-more than two inches across and clearly depicts a deerhound in pursuit of the quarry. What can you tell us about this brooch?

3 Comments:

Blogger Hecate said...

Here you go.

http://www.goldenwonders.com/catalog.php?page=deer

4:06 pm  
Blogger Aringsburg said...

Hey... you own really a nice blog! The posts are great and I enjoyed reading it. Great Job... Keep it up. I am also an avid dog blogger, if yuo can scoop time time out, you can have a glance at my sites. Hope you will enjoy them.

9:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a US deerhounder and have brought several of these as gifts to my UK deer hound hosts. they are cast in the lost wax method of silver & brass. They can be found on the US ebay.

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home