Deerhound

A passionate little blog started by a deerhound dog in Scotland called Rogue ‘Brylach’ MacAllister then Passed to Rascal ‘Logan’ Dorrator Heath and now picked up by Rebel Borrodhail 'Muirfinn' and Rocket Borrodhail 'Frode'.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bonnie Wee Deerhound Tammy

Thanks to Oscar for a warning about the visit to surgery - I’ll keep my legs crossed.

I found this little Deerhound Tammy (see the the picture) and thought of The Knit-fitt blog kept by Oscars Mistress.

Perhaps Cate or one of her many knitting companions produced it.

And with the ‘cauld heiland winter’ now heading our way, it would make the ideal headgear for my human companions to don whilst ‘oot on a frosty nichts walk wi’me’.

I rekkon if it had been knitted with a grey Angora or Mohair wool it would give that Deerhound natural scruffiness, a little St Andrews Cross in blue and white for the hounds bonnet and scarf just like the Scotish Flag, the tammy would have been richt dandy!

If any of Dogwood, Oscar and Moose’s knitting blogger friends can come up with three, I’ll buy them for the Winter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Having a Knit Fitt said...

Deer Rogue,
Great tammy. Check out my blog for my knitted tribute to Deerhounds.
Cate

1:19 pm  
Blogger Dearhound said...

hi, I bought one a hat like this on ebay last year and never used it, but this week at a deerhound meeting I'm going to wear it, be ware, and don't be scare(d)=)

6:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home